[Texmacs-dev] What is the future of TeXmacs?
sadhen
2017-09-22 18:14:25 UTC
Dear TeXmacs Developers:

I was a casual contributor of TeXmacs when I was a student. I love the design of TeXmacs.

I’m interested in:

1. upgrade guile
2. improve typesetting on CJK (http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47186)
3. typesetting on source code (eg.http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8899)

However, TeXmacs is inactive and cannot attract new contributors(do not know if it is a fact).

In my opinion, the following is necessary:
1. switch to git
2. switch to github or gitlab
3. write a detailed how-to-contribute doc

What’s your opinion? What’s the reason we still stick to SVN? What is the extra effort to switch to git?

I’m willing to help switching to Git.
Karl Hegbloom

sadhen
2017-09-23 18:34:07 UTC
Just successed on building TeXmacs on MacOS.

Here is my plan on improving TeXmacs:

+ I will host my improvements onhttps://github.com/sadhen/texmacs
+ Each improvement will be maintained at github on each branch.

I’m working on the cmake branch these days to provide a CMake build for TeXmacs. Since cmake won’t affect the current build system. I hope the code can be merged into the SVN repo later.

After completion of the cmake branch, I am going to integrate my previous work (the TeXmacs Git Plugin) into TeXmacs code base.

原始邮件
发件人:***@zoho.com
收件人:texmacs-devtexmacs-***@gnu.org
发送时闎:2017幎9月23日(å‘šå…­) 02:14
䞻题:[Texmacs-dev] What is the future of TeXmacs?

Karl Hegbloom
2017-09-23 22:02:07 UTC
Sadhen, please look at the syrinx-pure-cmake-doxygen branch in my github to
see the farthest advance I made with that. It builds the deb packages I
have on the releases page of my repo.

https://github.com/KarlHegbloom/texmacs/tree/syrinx-pure-cmake-doxygen
Karl Hegbloom
Xiaoxiang Chai
2017-10-13 06:25:01 UTC
Dear all,

I am a mathematician based in China. I use lisp/scheme for everyday chores. Here is a list of things I would
like to see in future Texmacs, of course, as a mathematician.

1. Texmacs should be more user friendly to mathematicians, physicists. Because I think more users will bring more developers to make Texmacs better. 'Export to latex' is first to improve. Apply common practice from the community which uses a lot math. For example, you hit CC in math mode, you get a wierd chunk of code(not commonly used) instead of just '\mathbb{C}'.
2. Provide GUI interface for users to customize their own shortcuts.
3. Divide what the 'kbd-tab' can do into Scheme functions. I have checked the code, it seems to me that autocompletion functionality is bind to TAB in the C level. I do not think this is good practice.
4. Solve the numbering issues of eqnarry, align at least for 'export to
Latex'.

Best,
Chai
Vincent Douce Mathoscope
2017-10-14 03:58:45 UTC
hi i am quite more naive, just to say that it would be very useful to have shortcuts, or the possibility to create them, for actions like "export to html in the same folder with replacing the eventual existing html" or the same with latex
i believe the possibility exists, requiring diving in the code
Vincent
Post by sadhen
I was a casual contributor of TeXmacs when I was a student. I love the design of TeXmacs.
1. upgrade guile
2. improve typesetting on CJK (http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47186)
3. typesetting on source code (eg.http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8899)
However, TeXmacs is inactive and cannot attract new contributors(do not know if it is a fact).
1. switch to git
2. switch to github or gitlab
3. write a detailed how-to-contribute doc
What’s your opinion? What’s the reason we still stick to SVN? What is the extra effort to switch to git?
I’m willing to help switching to Git.
Vincent Douce
Mathoscope, éveilleur de mathématiques
http://mathoscope.xyz