[Texmacs-dev] roman font can't display some chars
Zhaocong Jia
2017-10-13 01:22:23 UTC
Some chars can't be displayed in roman font (texmacs
computer modern), it can be displayed in other fonts like
STIX. This bugs happens in trunk version, 1.99.5, 1.0.7.21.

<TeXmacs|1.99.5>

<\body>
\<epsilon\> \<vartheta\> \<varpi\> \<varrho\> \<#3F5\>

<initial|<\collection>
</collection>>
Karl Hegbloom
2017-10-13 14:26:01 UTC
I believe this is due to font encoding differences... Cork encoding vs
Unicode. Stix and the TeX Gyre fonts are Unicode encoded, iirc. I found
that the section mark glyph won't render correctly in a PDF outline made
via TeXmacs' table of contents unless the macro that inserts it wraps the
section mark in a font change to make it appear in a Unicode face.

I suppose maybe there's a few missing items in the conversion tables?
Zhaocong Jia
2017-12-21 08:04:02 UTC
Also, a note for TeXmacs developers: we should not prefer clang
over gcc as default compiler (at least on Linux, gcc should be default),
the one built by clang crashed twice in 5 minutes while the one built
by gcc is stable as before.
Karl Hegbloom
Zhaocong Jia